Missing TENDL2017 in OECD/NEA distribution

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jan.frybort
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Missing TENDL2017 in OECD/NEA distribution

Post by jan.frybort » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:50 pm

Dear all, I have just tried installing FISPACT-II-4.0 version at our server, but is lacks TENDF2017 data. There are only TENDL2014data.tar.bz2 and TENDL2015data.tar.bz2 archives. The included tests are failing due to this. Is it possible to download these data? Thank you.
Best regards
Jan Frybort

Mark Gilbert
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Missing TENDL2017 in OECD/NEA distribution

Post by Mark Gilbert » Wed May 02, 2018 9:54 am

Dear Jan,
sorry to hear that you are having trouble. As far as we are aware, the TENDL2017 tar archive should be on the second disk of the OECD distribution for FISPACT-II v4.0. We will check with the OECD/NEA, but in the meantime, you can download the libraries from our local repositories at http://fispact.ukaea.uk/nuclear-data/downloads/

Best regards,

Mark

jan.frybort

Post by jan.frybort » Wed May 02, 2018 10:57 am

Thank you very much for the download link.
Jan Frybort

marilia_savva

Post by marilia_savva » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:05 am

Dear Mark,
I ordered and received FISPACT-II 4.0 via OECD/NEA and lacked TENDL 2017 data as well.
I downloaded the TENDL2017data.tar.bz2 file from the link https://fispact.ukaea.uk/nuclear-data/downloads/ and saved the data in the "nuclear_data" folder, as with TENDL 2015.
However, when I ran the "getting_started" tests, I get 494 errors/warnings. The code provides output results for all cases, however in the .log file I get the following description for the errors:
*** QUOTE ***
CLOBBER
GETXS 1 709
FISPACT
* COLLAPSE tal2017-n/gxs-709 decay12 index
load cross-sections
Log : no_unc = 185
00001: Warning: endfmat_m:var_lb5: 1:
Too many uncertainty energy bins
Workspace array sizes increased
*** UNQUOTE ***
All 494 errors/warnings are the same, but for different “no_unc” numbers. I am attaching the .log file from the collapse example of getting_started.
Do you have any suggestions on how I can fix these errors?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Best regards
Marilia Savva
Attachments
collapse.log
(77.75 KiB) Downloaded 3919 times

Thomas Stainer
Site Admin

Post by Thomas Stainer » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:12 am

Dear Marilia,

Thank you for raising the issue.
As I understand from your post, the issue is not from the output results but from the log file and the messages in that file. Is this correct?

If this is indeed the case you can safely ignore these messages (for this case), since they are actually lower level messages which are used for a detailed log of the internal FISPACT-II process when running.
In the log these messages are labelled as warnings, but they should actually be labelled as INFO or DEBUG level messages. We are in the process of changing this, and making the difference between error and info clearer in the future. However, in the meantime you can always change the log verbosity level using LOGLEVEL in the input file (in the control phase) to level 1 (show only errors and fatal errors), please see https://fispact.ukaea.uk/wiki/Keyword:LOGLEVEL for more information on this. If you do so, then the getting started TENDL2017 collapse produces 0 errors.

Please note that whilst in this case the messages can be ignored, we do always recommend that you check the log after a FISPACT-II run, since some messages can be quite important for calculation results.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Thomas Stainer
United Kingdom Atomic Energy Authority
Culham Science Centre, Abingdon, OX14 3DB, UK
Tel. +44 (0)1235 466924
Email: thomas.stainer@ukaea.uk

marilia_savva

Post by marilia_savva » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:28 am

Dear Thomas,
You understand correct, the issue is that I get 494 messages of warnings and correct output results.

Thank you very much for the prompt reply and help.

Kind regards
Marilia